4 Reasons For Not Reading Books And How To Overcome Them

I don't have time...Never felt the urge...I don't have that much patience...Books aren't that attractive...I am not interested in reading...

Are these your excuses for not reading books..? Well, I can't call them satisfactory reasons… If this is your condition then you have come to the right place…

Today I'll tell you how you can generate interest in reading and become a reader in just about a month.




And remember you are not the only one who needs this...so please share this with your friends too.

Check out the list here and jump directly to your issues

1. Time issues
2. Never felt the urge
3. Patience
4. How to generate interest

1. TIME ISSUES
Nearly half of the people don't have time to read books, or at least they say so.

If you feel the same here's your answer…





Who says read them? There's always the option of listening to them. Yes, you guessed it right, audiobooks. 

You can listen to them on your smartphone on your way to office/school, or while cooking, while just relaxing...anytime anywhere!

See! Time is not an issue at all.

2. NEVER FELT THE URGE

Now, this is not a big problem. All you need to do is find a friend who reads books. Just talk to him a bit about books, ask him questions. And (if you belong to the human race) your curiosity will rise.




As you do this, also read some book reviews on the internet. This will surely poke your brain and you'll feel the urge yourself.

If you are this type of person, be on the lookout for my upcoming post. It'll seriously make you feel like you should read.

3. PATIENCE

So this is your concern huh? You feel the urge, you start reading too. But soon you give up only because there's a movie based on the book which can satisfy your curiosity in just a couple hours.






Here's your answer. Try this

Watch a movie that is based on a fantastic book. Now after watching this just read the book. I know that's your issue. But just make your body do it once. It may take months but do it. And by now you don't even have patience issues as you already know the whole plot. Believe me, once you do this you'll never be interested in movies that are based on books. You'll automatically read the book first.
Here's another tip :
Try a gripping book that keeps you hooked. There are lots of such.

4. HOW TO GENERATE INTEREST :


Here lies half the population. This is a major problem among non-readers. Many people start reading but after an hour or so they think…..Nah! This is too boring…






If this is how you feel, this is your answer.

Now, this happens mainly because people think they should read those really awful books about life and success and so on..

This is not what you should do. What you should do is find your taste…

You are a human being (or so I believe). You must like something. Some categories, some genre…

Let's say horror, crime, fiction, mystery, thriller, adventure, fantasy, anything…

Once you figure out what you like, grab a book of that category. Search the internet for a list of gripping books in that genre.

Now start reading. But remember, start with a very small book. 50-100 pages or so. Once you gain interest, increase the size. Remember small steps 'are' steps. Gradually you'll become a fantastic reader.




Believe me. Your mind will start liking books as you do this. I don't say read those enlightening books that tell you about life or some boring philosophy of life stuff. But just start reading anything you like and slowly you'll gain interest.

Believe me, I started off with fiction and it took me nearly 4-5 years to come to non-fiction books.

So that was all I could give you. If you belong to any other categories please let me know in the comments and I'll try my best to answer.

ONE SMALL REQUEST?
If you liked the content, please share the post as much as you can. Even one share from you can help me grow. I helped you start reading, so why don't you help someone else start reading...c'mon share it...

CHECK OUT MY PREVIOUS POST HERE :
My reading experience is more refreshing than new socks

Subscribe to my email for updates on upcoming posts..
Follow me here on Instagram.

Post a Comment

0 Comments